Agreement to Terms and Conditions
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
Use of Website
The website www.mumandyou.com ("the Website") is owned and operated by Q River Limited, trading as “Q River”. References to "we", "us", or "our" are references to Q River Limited. We are a company registered in England and Wales (company number 10312738) and our address for correspondence is given at the end of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions and our Privacy and Cookie Policies govern your use of the Website and our services. Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. By using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and our Privacy and Cookie Policies. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions and/or our Privacy and Cookie Policies, please do not register for or use the Website.
Amendments to Website
We reserve the right, from time to time, with or without notice to you, to change these Terms and Conditions at our sole discretion. The Terms and Conditions applicable to your access to and use of this Website will be the version that is current and displayed on the Website as at each date you access the Website. Your use of the Website after changes are made means that you agree to be bound by such changes. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms and Conditions you should not continue to use the Website or any of the services provided on it.
In order to purchase products or services from the Website, you must first register to set up an account with us by completing the registration details on the Website.
In order to register an account you must be an individual and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you are registering on behalf of an organisation or company you must have the authority to bind that company.
You warrant that all information you provide to us when registering an account is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge and belief. It is your responsibility to ensure the information in your account is updated regularly with any relevant changes.
We may refuse at our absolute discretion any application to join us or receive our services for any reason whatsoever.
We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions. The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Website shall not affect either party's rights or liabilities.
Password and Security
When you register on the Website you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities and orders that occur or are submitted under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting Customer Support immediately (see below for contact details).
If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
The services provided by the Website do not include the provision of computer or other necessary equipment to access the Website. To use the Website you will require Internet connectivity and appropriate telecommunication links. We shall not be liable for any telephone or other costs that you may incur when accessing or using the Website.
Limitations on use of Website
You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material;
- transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice;
- gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems;
- interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
- breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks;
- interfering or disrupting networks or web sites connected to the Website; or making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
We reserve the right to refuse to post material on the Website or to remove any material already posted on the Website at our sole discretion.
You will indemnify us against all losses, liabilities, costs and expenses reasonably suffered or incurred by us, all damages awarded against us under any judgment by a court of law and all settlements sums paid by us as a result of any settlement agreed by us arising out or in connection with:
- any claim by any third party that the use of the Website by you is defamatory, offensive or abusive, or of an obscene or pornographic nature, or is illegal or constitutes a breach of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice;
- any claim by any third party that the use of the Website by you infringes that third party's copyright or other intellectual property rights of whatever nature; and
- any fines or penalties imposed by any regulatory, advertising or trading body or authority in connection with the use of the Website by you.
Availability of the Website
Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services provided through the Website will meet your requirements. Furthermore we cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free. If a fault occurs in the service you should report it to the Customer Support at the contact details below and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
Your access to the Website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as it reasonably can.
Use of Community Websites
Each community site accessed through the Website (together the “Community Websites”) allows users to interact with each other via message boards, and other user forums. We advise you not to post or in anyway reveal any of your personal details on the Community Websites (for example, your address and telephone number).
You may not use the Community Websites for any of the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, defamatory, racially offensive, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material;
- transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice;
- transmitting material containing any form of advertising or promotion for products and services, junk mail, chain letters or "spam";
- gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems;
- interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Community Websites;
- making or transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner;
- impersonating another person;
- referring to specific website addresses outside of those run by Q River Limited group companies; or
We make no representations as to the validity of any opinion, advice, information or statement displayed on the message boards by third parties.
You are solely responsible for the content of your messages posted on the message boards and the views expressed by individuals do not represent the views of us.
You will be responsible for:
- any claim by any third party that the use of the Community Websites by you is defamatory, offensive or abusive, or of an obscene or pornographic nature, or is illegal or constitutes a breach of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice;
- any claim by any third party that the use of the Community Websites by you infringes that third party's copyright or other intellectual property rights of whatever nature;
- any fines or penalties imposed by any regulatory, advertising or trading body or authority in connection with the use of the Community Websites by you; and
- our losses and costs resulting from your breach of these Community Websites terms and conditions.
By submitting material you are granting us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sublicense the material in whole or in part and in any form.
The content of the Website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the Website on a computer screen or portable tablet or device, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices.
You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Website without written permission from us.
No licence is granted to you in these Terms and Conditions to use any of our trademarks or of our affiliated companies including, without limitation, the names Mum and You and associated trademarks.
Privacy and Copyright Protection
Your content in our services
Our registration process and some of our services allow you to upload and submit content and data. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content.
When you upload or submit content or data to or through our services, you give us (and those we work with) a worldwide licence to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from analyses, correlations, translations, adaptations or other changes that we may make so that your content works better with our services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights that you grant in this licence are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting and improving our services, and to develop new ones. This licence continues even if you stop using our services. Some services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that service.
Our systems analyse your data and content (including data received from third party applications you have given us permission to receive it from) to provide you with personally relevant products, services and features. This analysis occurs as the content is sent, received and when it is stored.
The description and specification of products on the Website is only approximate and we reserve the right to make changes which do not materially affect the quality or performance of those products. Any images of the products on the Website are for illustrative purposes only. Your products may vary slightly from those images.
We may correct any error appearing on the Website or withdraw any products from sale without incurring liability. Price and availability is also subject to change without notice.
No reliance on information
The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
You can make orders as part of a rolling agreement with us where we agree to provide you with the products on a periodic basis or you can place one off orders on the Website. Your contract with us will terminate following: (i) termination of your account (by you or us) if you order products on a periodic basis, or (ii) delivery of your order if you place a one off order.
Our acceptance of an order takes place when you receive email confirmation from us that we have accepted your order, at which point the purchase contract will be made and you will be charged for your order.
If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the products. This might be because the products are out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for or because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product.
All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last.
Deliveries and Returns
The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on the Website.
Deliveries can only be made to addresses within the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland); this excludes PO Box addresses and BFPO addresses.
If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know. We will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to cancel the order and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
Delivery is deemed to have taken place once the products have been delivered to your specified address or in accordance with your instructions or you have signed for the products.
If you want to return a product in accordance with our cancellation policy set out below you can do so by returning the product to the Q River address given at the foot of these terms and conditions.
We will pay the costs of return:
- (a) if the products are faulty or incorrect goods have been delivered;
- (b) if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances you must pay the costs of return.
Non Delivery and shortages
You are requested to examine all products delivered upon arrival and to advise us, as soon as possible after delivery, of any apparent damage, shortage or irregularity. Claims for incomplete, damaged or defective products must be made to us, in writing, to our Customer Support promptly after the date of delivery. Please try to report all lost or undelivered boxes online within 7 days of the expected day of delivery so that we can remedy the issue promptly.
We may have to suspend the supply of any products to:
- (a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- (b) update the products to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- (c) make changes to the products as requested by you or notified by us to you.
Data Usage After Subscribing To Our E-mail Newsletter
When you subscribe to our newsletter, we use the necessary information you provide separately in order to send you our regular e-mail newsletter. You are entitled to unsubscribe to the newsletter at any time simply by sending a message to the contact options shown below or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
You can cancel your subscription or an order:
- (a) at any time before the cut off times relevant to your delivery day by emailing Customer Support; or
- (b) if, following delivery of your order, you realise that what you have bought is faulty or incorrectly delivered (in which case you may be able to get the products replaced or get some or all of your money back); or
- (c) if you want to end a particular order or subscription because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do. In particular, where we have: (i) told you about an upcoming change to the products or these terms which you do not agree to; (ii) told you about an error in the price or description of the products you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed; (iii) there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control; (iv) supply of the products has been suspended for technical reasons; or (v) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong (including because we have delivered the products late); or
- (d) if you have just changed your mind about the products you may be able to cancel your order and get a refund if you are within a 14 day cooling-off period from the date of delivery of the products, but this may (i) be subject to reasonable deductions to reflect costs incurred by Q River as permitted under your statutory rights; and (ii) will not apply once you have unsealed the products following their delivery to you.
Cancellation of a subscription must be activated by contacting email@example.com
For more details please see the managing my orders section of our FAQs or get in contact with us at the email address below.
We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your use of our service, for any or no reason whatsoever. One reason that we may do so is if we believe that you are in breach of any obligation under these Terms and Conditions. If we terminate your use of our service as a result of a breach of any obligation under these Terms and Conditions, such termination would be immediate and may be without notice.
Promotion Terms and Conditions
All time sensitive promotions are according to GMT timing only.
Using Promotional or Discount Codes
A promotional or discount code (together “Codes”) is redeemed by entering its Code as required by the online process.
Your use of Codes indicates your agreement to be bound by these Promotion Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, not to accept any Code if it is being used in conjunction with any other Code or any other offer/discount listed on the Website.
We reserve the right to withdraw, vary or cancel a Code for any reason at any time without notice.
Customer Promotion Limits
Any promotional feature or Code will only be limited to one per customer unless otherwise stated.
Distribution of Promotional Codes
Codes are, and remain at all times, our property.
The right to use Codes is personal to the original recipient and may not be transferred. Codes may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, or published directly or indirectly in any form or by any means for use by an entity other than the original recipient, or stored in a data retrieval system, without our prior written consent.
Where the redemption of a Code is subject to a minimum spending requirement, the redemption is only permitted in respect of the purchase of qualifying products which will be communicated to you at the time of issue of the Code. Excluded products and supplementary charges, such as delivery, gift wrap or postage & packing, shall not count towards a minimum spending requirement.
Where an online offer states that a percentage discount will be given on a purchase, the cost of the qualifying purchases will be reduced by the stated discount percentage.
Supplementary charges such as delivery or postage & packing shall not be discounted unless specifically stated in the offer description.
Security and Fraud
If you redeem, attempt to redeem or encourage the redemption of promotional codes to obtain discounts to which you or a third party are not entitled you may be committing a civil or criminal offence.
If we reasonably believe that any Code is being used unlawfully or illegally we may reject or cancel any Code and you agree that you will have no claim against us in respect of any rejection or cancellation. We reserve the right to take any further action we deem appropriate in such instances.
If we refuse a Code submitted as part of an order, for any reason, we will inform you before the order is dispatched to advise of the correct cost of the order and give you the opportunity to cancel the order.
Limitation of liability with respect to promotions
We shall not be liable to any customer or household for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of any Code or any failure or inability of a customer or household to use a Code for any reason.
Refunds on promotional offers
Refunds for products purchased under a Code will be based on the terms of the promotional price. Your statutory rights are not affected.
The price of products is as quoted on the Website from time to time. Prices at checkout will include VAT and delivery charges.
We reserve the right to change the fees for any services at any time. We agree to notify you in advance of any change in fees. Please note that you can cancel at any time.
We take payments by continuous payment authority. You will be charged as follows:
- Payments for products or services delivered under regular subscriptions will be charged 3 business days prior to the dispatch of the products.
- Payments for one-off or ad-hoc products or services will be charged 3 business days prior to the despatch of the products.
If your payment details change, your card provider may provide us with updated card details. We may use these new details for your future orders in order to help prevent any interruption to the service. If you would prefer to opt out from this service, please contact Customer Support as detailed below.
You agree not to hold us responsible for banking charges incurred due to payments on your account.
Upon registering, reactivating your account, restarting regular deliveries, ordering one off boxes or changing card details, a £1 payment may be taken from your card in order to authorise it and prevent fraud. This payment will be immediately voided, but some banks may temporarily reflect these against your account balance.
Please ensure that the expiry date of your payment card is after the anticipated dispatch date of your order. Payment is taken at the point of dispatch for products and in the event that the payment card has expired we will be unable to take payment and fulfil your order.
Q River’s Liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- the use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website; or
- for the content of websites linked on the Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites.
To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you/or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the Website.
Any liability not excluded by this Agreement shall, in respect of any one or more events or series or events (whether connected or unconnected) taking place within any twelve month period be limited to the price of the relevant products and otherwise to £50. This limit shall also apply in the event that any exclusion or other provision contained in this Agreement is held to be invalid for any reason and we become liable for loss or damage that could otherwise have been limited.
We make no promise that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this Website or upload or authorise the upload of data to this Website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Our failure to take any action in respect of a breach of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of their enforceability and we reserve our rights in respect of these Terms and Conditions at all times.
We will not be liable to you for any lack of performance, or the unavailability or failure, of the Website or our services, or for any failure by us to comply with these Terms and Conditions, where such lack, unavailability or failure arises from any cause reasonably beyond our control.
A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
You agree that we may assign any of our rights and/or transfer, sub-contract or delegate any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are personal to you and you may not assign any of your rights or transfer, sub-contract or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
No waiver. If we delay exercising or fail to exercise or enforce any right available to us under these Terms and Conditions, such delay or failure does not constitute a waiver of that right or any other rights under these Terms and Conditions.
Accounts with us are not transferable and therefore cannot be sold or traded.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts.
Please submit any questions you have about these Terms and Conditions or an order you have placed or ordering in general by email to our Customer Support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: 8-9 Frith Street, London, W1D 3JB
Leaping Bunny Approved
Mum&You believes that beauty products should be cruelty free. We are proud to be Leaping Bunny approved. A global programme, Leaping Bunny requires cruelty free standards over and above legal requirements.
All of our own brand personal care products are approved under the Creulty Free International Leaping Bunny programme, the internationally recognizable gold standard for cruelty free products. We adhre to a fixed cut-off date policy and proacively monitor our suppliers to ensure that our products continue to adhere to the Leaping Bunny criteria. Our supplier monitoring system is also independently audited.
For more information about Cruelty Free International, Leaping Bunny and Leaping Bunny criteria, please visit www.crueltyfreeinternational.org.