Whether you’re baby led weaning, moved on from puree or got older children, here’s 6 vegetarian recipes the whole family can enjoy this Vegetarian Week!
- Veggie Omelet: Make a small omelet with finely chopped vegetables like spinach, bell peppers, and tomatoes. Cut it into small, bite-sized pieces for easy handling.
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas: Spread a thin layer of mashed black beans and sprinkle grated cheese on a tortilla. Add finely diced vegetables like courgette and corn. Fold the tortilla in half and cook until crispy.
- Sweet Potato Bites: Cut sweet potatoes into small cubes or strips, toss them in olive oil, and bake until tender. They make a delicious and nutritious finger food.
- Lentil and Vegetable Soup: Cook lentils with a variety of vegetables like carrots, celery, and peas in a flavorful vegetable broth. You can blend or mash the soup if you like
- Avocado and Banana Mash: Mash ripe avocado and banana together until smooth. This creamy and nutrient-rich blend is perfect for introducing solid foods to babies and is great on toast.
- Veggie Pasta Salad: Cook small-sized pasta and toss it with colorful vegetables like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Drizzle with a light dressing or olive oil.
For more recipe ideas, check out our on blog on baby led weaning with recipes from Natalie from Baby Led Weaning Cookbook.
And don’t forget our plastic free biodegradable baby wipes for easy but eco clean ups! Designed by mums, they contain 99.4% water and are made from a plant based material that’s gentle on baby’s skin. Just don’t forget to wipe behind their ears and neck (yup, weaning can get a bit messy!)