Easter is just around the corner, but don’t wait for the Easter bunny to arrive, start the preparation today with some Easter crafts that will keep your little one entertained, even if it’s just for a couple of minutes.
Painting Egg Shape with Finger Paint– Just cut out an egg shape and allow your child to use finger paint all over the egg.
Bunny Handprint Card – You can create a little bunny by painting their palm and two fingers for a Easter card. Add different textures by adding glitter, cotton wool etc. This is a great way to get them to practice fine motor movements.
Painted rock Easter egg – go in to the garden or even when you are out for a walk collect some rocks to take home and paint. You can add dots, lines whatever your little one decides to create.
Chocolate Easter egg nest cakes – you will need:
- 225g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 75g cornflakes
- White chocolate buttons for decoration
- Line a 12-hole fairy cake tin with paper cases.
- Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and gently stir in the cornflakes until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and press chocolate buttons into the centre of each nest. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until completely set.
We would love to see your toddler’s creativity so share with us on Facebook and Instagram using #bymumsformums