Whether you are expecting, or you’re starting to go out more now that restrictions are easing you will need to keep your nappy bag packed and ready to go.
Did you know that young babies need their nappy changing up to 10 to 12 times a day and older babies around six to eight times a day?
It is inevitable that when you are out and about that your baby will need changing, it might even be several times (poop explosion pending, let’s not even talk about that).
We have pulled together what we think are the essentials to pop in to your nappy bag so you will be covered:
- A portable changing mat
- 3 -4 nappychat eco-nappies
- 100% biodegradable Mum & You wipes
- Barrier cream Nappy sacks
- Change of clothes, baby vest and socks. Pop them in a zip sandwich bag to make them easier to find and keep clean.An extra plastic bag or nappy sack to put wet and dirty clothes in won’t go amiss either.
- A spare top for mamma if room (from leaky boobs to sicky babies, its hard to stay clean with little ones around!)
- Milk if bottle feeding
- Muslin or cloth
- Clean breast pads if breastfeeding
- Clean dummies
- Anti-bac surface wipes – handy for cleaning cafe highchairs and changing tables
- Food if you are weaning
- Water bottle for mamma and toddlers
- Small books and portable toys like a teething ring or rattle
Oh and don’t forget to put your purse, keys and phone in the nappy bag too 😊
You can replenish your bag either when your baby is napping or at night so you are not rushing when you have to go out, it’s hard enough getting a baby ready let alone a bag as well!