We’re so pleased to announce the arrival of our new biodegradable baby wipes!
And don’t they look beautiful? It’s been a long journey getting them here and we can’t wait for them to start getting into our trusted customers hands. There are a few key features that we’re hoping are going to make these wipes even more loved than their popular predecessor.
- 100% biodegradable (of course)
- 100% recyclable packaging (to make them that little more friendly to the planet)
- 100% plastic free (as always)
- 99.4% water (our wipes are purer than ever making them perfect for newborns and babies with sensitive skin)
- Six fun colours (because we like to be different)
- Playful characters (each pack features one of our nappychat characters which you can use as inspiration for stories at change time)
Two years ago, when we launched our 100% biodegradable wipes, there was one aspect we weren’t happy with – the packaging! Whilst we loved our spotty design and the fact that it kept our wipes lovely and moist, it really bothered us that the pack was a mixed material laminate that could not be recycled; meaning it ended up in landfill. We knew how that bothered our customers too.
So we’ve been working on a solution, and we’re delighted that as we continue on our journey to sustainability, we can launch a 100% recyclable pack. We haven’t done it alone – over the last few months we’ve worked really hard in collaboration with our supplier and their material suppliers to ensure that both the wrap and resealable label could be recycled together.
We’re delighted that our new pack can be recycled through existing facilities for carrier bag recycling, at larger stores such as supermarkets. We know that at this moment in time, there are very few local authorities who accept carrier bags & plastic film at the kerbside. We are really hopeful that this solution will come with time, but it’s worth checking in now with your local authority to see if they will accept it. While we wait, we’ll be putting our innovation hats back on to continue working on sustainability and new products to make your lives that little bit easier.